Take-Two Interactive (TTWO) delivered a stronger-than-expected Q4, and the market noticed. The stock jumped 5% in Friday premarket trading, opening at $238.08.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., TTWO
The company reported a net loss of $59.5 million, or 32 cents per share. That’s narrower than the 57-cent loss analysts had pencilled in. Net bookings came in at $1.58 billion, topping the $1.55 billion estimate.
CEO Strauss Zelnick didn’t hold back. “The quarter was outstanding. The entire fiscal year was outstanding,” he told Barron’s.
Fiscal year 2026 revenue rose 6% overall. The company also guided FY2027 EPS of $5.75 to $6.00, above analyst expectations — a bright spot on the profitability front.
$TTWO Q4’26 EARNINGS HIGHLIGHTS
Revenue: $1.68B (Est. $1.57B)
EPS: -$0.32
Recurrent Consumer Spending: +12%, 81% of revenue
Net Bookings from RCS: +7%, 82% of total bookings
GTA VI Launch Date: November 19, 2026
Q1’27 Guide:
Revenue: $1.45B-$1.50B (Est.… pic.twitter.com/K1LXfOEONs
— Wall St Engine (@wallstengine) May 21, 2026
But not everything landed cleanly. Take-Two’s FY2027 net bookings guidance of $8 billion to $8.2 billion came in well below Wall Street’s $9.13 billion estimate. First-quarter FY2027 guidance also came in under consensus.
Zelnick addressed the miss directly: “We have nothing to do with consensus. This is the first information that we’re providing to the Street.” He added that the company tends to beat its own guidance more often than not.
The headline catalyst everyone’s been waiting on got a formal reaffirmation. GTA VI is still on track for a November 19, 2026 release — a date the company confirmed again on Thursday.
The road to that date has been bumpy. The game was originally slated for 2025 before a series of delays. Then last week, a Best Buy affiliate email leaked, appearing to reference GTA VI pre-orders running from May 18 to May 21. Those pre-orders never went live.
Zelnick said the company had “absolutely no idea” how that email went out. Rockstar is planning its GTA VI marketing push for the summer.
On the institutional side, Nano Cap New Millennium Growth Fund initiated a new position in TTWO during Q4, buying 5,000 units valued at roughly $1.28 million — about 1.1% of its portfolio.
Vanguard Group raised its holdings by 0.8% in Q4, now owning over 21.8 million units valued at $5.6 billion. Bessemer Group made a more aggressive move, increasing its position by 53.1% in the same period.
Analysts remain largely bullish. Raymond James upgraded TTWO to “strong buy” with a $285 price target. Wedbush and DA Davidson both hold “outperform” and “buy” ratings with $300 targets. The consensus sits at “Moderate Buy” with an average price target of $287.93.
Insider activity has gone the other way. CEO Zelnick sold 7,946 units in March at an average of $214.16, totalling over $1.7 million. Director Ellen Siminoff sold 413 units in April at $207.66. Total insider sales over the past three months reached $13.8 million.
TTWO has a 52-week range of $187.63 to $264.79. Its 50-day moving average sits at $211.59, and the 200-day at $225.86.
The post Take-Two (TTWO) Stock Jumps 5% After Q4 Beat and GTA VI Date Locked In appeared first on CoinCentral.